Thursday, June 4, 2009

Summer Time!!!



i'm enjoying summer, i like school but it's nice not to have to do it.

i'm getting ready for 2 big trips this summer; the first is to Philmont scout ranch in New Mexico we leave 1 week from this Sat. The other trip is a mission trip to Ixiamas Bolivia with my church, (Christ Community Church).

i'm gathering up a few last things i need for Philmont, (it's a 78 mi. backing trip in the Rockies) and am having an all-day meeting this Sat. for the Bolivia trip.

In Ixiamas we work with the children at the internado (a christian boarding home run by SIFAT). The kids are so wonderful, I love working with them. That is the road we sometimes take to ixiamas, but if it is God's will we will fly down, (the plane is much faster, the bus takes about 26 hr and the plain takes about 45min. You can see why we want to fly.)
We leave July 9. Please keep us in your prayers.
JisL!!!
dj

2 comments:

  1. Your blog looks awesome man!
    My family will be praying for you on your trips.
    I'm looking forward to more posts! :)
    ~Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. that road looks really scarey--but I can see how it could be fun too. I hope you get to fly this year! I know you will be a blessing to the kids at the internado and I know they will be a blessing to you too. You are always in my prayers--love ya!
    mama

    ReplyDelete